Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or your community is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Unfortunately, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency takes place, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why making a family plan now is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least two times a year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form