Longwood Get a Plan
Does your family know what to do in the case of a storm, fire, flood or other disaster to your home or community? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why making a family plan now is so important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of water, food and other essentials in the case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is important to have a plan in place so your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form